Q: Spewing oil leaving a puddle an shaking violently starts but sounds very bad like it's not getting oil an is rough sounding

asked by on September 17, 2016

Was driving lost power crawled home losing power an having to cost an start again to get home got home check oil it was low almost dry I added oil then started it again in the morning started shaking violently so got out an saw that it was spewing oil on the ground like alot so I turned it off an the leak stoped but now I don't want to turn it on cuz I feel like the engine is not getting oil an I don't want to do more damage then may have already occurred but I have no idea where it's leaking or why or why it's shaking

Your description of the lack of oil tells me your engine is probably already badly damaged. The main problem is you drove it home with the problems you have described. The only way to save a motor from damage when oiling problems occur is to turn them off as soon as possible. The only thing left to do is to assess the damage.

This should begin by locating the oil leak. An oil leak that leaks this badly will often be the source of the deciding factor to how bad the motor has been damaged.

I recommend booking an appointment with one of our technicians to help you decide what to do next with your car; oil/Fluid leak inspection. This inspection will be a definitive answer to what could possibly be going on.

When you book the appointment, be sure to leave the technician a short description of what happened. This will help him come to you fully prepared to help you with what you need.

Good luck!