Q: No crank no start Key turns

I was getting an error message that lamp is out. When I turn on the lights the error pops up on the first click. So this morning I began checking for burned bulbs but could not find any. I was cleaning the car with the radio on and was still checking the lights. When I insert the key I can hear the steering wheel lock release. The key turns but there is no crank. The instrument lights do not dim when trying to start. There was an instance when the doors locked and would not open. I tried the actual key in the door and it would not open the door. I went to the passenger side and after multiple pushes on the fob the door opened.
I have disconnected the battery and waited several minutes and it still will not crank. All lights and radio work. I am able to go from part to neutral. Five months ago the steering wheel lock, ignition key module and the computer were replaced. The problem at that time was the steering wheel lock. Since then there have been two times when the key would n

when you have multiple issues like this, a good place to start is by checking the battery voltage. When the battery voltage drops off, the various modules on your car can do all sorts of spooky things. Then try starting the car with the shifter in neutral instead of drive. That will tell you if you have a problem in the transmission position switch. After that, it gets more complicated: you need a full scan of all the modules on your car. This has to be done by the Mercedes appropriate equipment, the generic scanners won’t do the trick this time. The DAS (driver authorization system) will have codes stored for any attempts to start or unlock the car where the system did not recognize the key. These codes will help a technician determine where the fault lies. By contacting Your Mechanic, you can have a technician come out to your home or office to check the car out right there on the spot and let you know what measures you will have to take to fix it.