Passenger brake lights won't turn on town & country 1999 ...

Q: Passenger brake lights won't turn on

asked by on September 13, 2017

Hello I have a 1999 Chrysler town & country and the passenger brake light wont turn on when brakes are applied. both tail lights work, turning signal works, reverse lights works, hazard lights work, everything is working except when I press the brakes the passenger brake light doesn't get brighter. The light bulb works but when you press the brake it don't turn on or get brighter when lights are on.

It sounds like you may have a brake light bulb that needs to be replaced. Inside a brakelight bulb there are two different filaments - one that i illuminated when the regular taillights are on and one that is illuminated when you press the brake pedal. Occasionally, one of these filaments may break resulting in it no longer lighting up, which sounds to be the case in your situation. I would suggest replacing the bulb, which should fix your problem. If this does not fix your issue, please reach out to us here at Yourmechanic.