Q: I have speed wobble when traveling at 50 MPH in my Jeep Wrangler

I have a Jeep Wrangler and when I go 50 mph and drive on rough pavement my jeep begins to shake uncontrollable. I have to slow down or go about 60 so my truck stops shaking.

A: Shaking can be caused by many things. I w...

Hello.

Shaking can be caused by many things. I would first try to determine if the shaking is engine or suspension related. If it is engine related, then it may be possible that the engine may be experiencing issues, perhaps misfires. Usually the check engine light will come on if this is the case. If the vibrations appear to be suspension related, it may be possible that there are worn components, such as links, bushings, or even tires. My recommendation would be to have a professional technician from YourMechanic inspect your speed wobble issue.

Regards,

Eduardo YourMechanic