Q: How to replace oil cooler hose 08 Landrover lr2

Oil cooler hose needs to be replaced. Do I need to remove the intake manifold to replace this hose

It does appear as though you will need to remove the intake manifold. My information system doesn’t give specific instruction for the oil cooler hoses, but it does give information about the oil cooler. This sort of situation isn’t out of the ordinary though. It is very common to need to figure out how to replace something without having specific instructions to follow. I did check the labor time and they are virtually require the same amount of time to complete either job. I suspect the intake will need to be removed.

However, it is the mark of a good technician if he or she can figure out a short cut to a given job. I recommend spending some time studying your car to figure out if you can do it without removing the intake. Often this will require the purchase of new tools that will allow you to do the job faster. Of course, weigh the cost of the car to the time and parts it will take to remove the intake manifold.

If you decide you should need help with this job, an expert from YourMechanic can assist you in the replacement of the oil cooler hose.

Good luck!

3. How to replace oil cooler hose 08 Landrover lr2