Q: Car can't start, car doesn't recognize the key. 2013 Nissan Leaf

asked by on August 29, 2016

The car has a low mileage of around 29,000 miles. I've been experiencing some electrical issues lately. I had the battery checked and it is properly charged. The main issue is with startup. The dash has been showing a warning, which indicates that the key isn't being recognized by the car. There has also been some problems with the windows and doors malfunctioning from time to time. Occasionally, I wouldn't be able to unlock the doors or the windows wouldn't roll down. What could be done concerning these issues?

Hello there. This is a common issue with the 2013 Nissan Leaf. A few possible causes for this fault are the key fob failure, security module fault, a wiring fault, or a failing key fob battery. If you are having trouble finding the problem, an expert from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the no start and let you know what needs to be done.