Q: what is the function of this LOCK PLATE , COLLAR NUT, BEARING RACE, SHIM X, output FLANGE?

what is the function of this LOCK PLATE , COLLAR NUT, BEARING RACE, SHIM X, output FLANGE?

The output flange is to connect the driveshaft or axle depending on the type of rear end you have. The lock plate holds in the bearing using a shim to pre-load the bearing into the race. The collar nut holds the flange in place. These answers are generic since the question does not specify the vehicle, but these are the general functions of these components.

• what is the function of this LOCK PLATE , COLLAR NUT, BEARING RACE, SHIM X, output FLANGE?