Q: Evap system problem

When the engine is cold it starts right up. After it gets to operating temperature if I shut it off, ex. Getting gas, I try to crank it, it sits right back off. I have to hold the accelerator and hold until rpm gets to normal range. When this happens and it stays running the rpm will go up and down by 200 to 300 rpm. New maf sensor, tps sensor, coil packs, even fuel filler neck. My scan tool shows "evap system vent door circuit open". Do you think a new vent door solenoid will do the trick? Please respond at djanarking. thank you very much

It sounds like you have a problem with the vapor vent purge valve. Check the valve to see if it will hold vacuum when not energized or if it leaks and needs to be replaced. The valve leaking will cause hard starts and rough running until the excess fumes are cleared from the engine. I recommend checking the system by a mechanic to diagnose the car’s stalling problem for you.

3. Evap system problem