Q: 2004 Hyundai Santa Fey with rebuilt engine locked up

My friend's 2004 Hyundai Santa Fey had a rebuilt engine installed. It started once and it's locked up. How do you fix it?

I definitely would bring the car back to the shop that rebuilt your engine to have them repair it. If the engine is locked up, it is locked up because something is broken internally, like a piston, rod, or a camshaft being locked up. If it’s locked up like that, you should try and get your money back since they did that poor of a job. If you want to get an outside professional to take a look at this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to the location of the vehicle to inspect your car’s stalling problem so that you know exactly what is wrong with the car.

3. 2004 Hyundai Santa Fey with rebuilt engine locked up