Car stuck in third gear gears transmissions e350 mercedes...

Q: Car stuck in third gear

asked by on February 12, 2016

My car is stuck in third gear. The engine is also running on Limp Mode. I think it could possibly be a transmission valve body issue.

It does sound like a transmission problem. I would have to recommend taking your car to a European transmission specialist, such as one from YourMechanic. They may be able to clean out the valve body, replace the filter and fluid, then determine if there is more damage to the transmission, which will help in diagnosing your car’s inability to change gears.