Q: Immediately after engine turns over power steering and dashboard loses power but comes back on after the car warms up.

The first time it happened I was at a full stop and the car idled for 10-15 minutes, the power steering, dash, dome light and high beams shut off completely, running lights, ac, and windows were slow/dim. I cut the engine and after that it wouldn't turn over. And even after jumping the power would last long. Ny brother replaced the alternator and that got the car to turn over at least.

HOWEVER, now when I turn the car on, it turns over fine, but immedietly after starting all power to the dash and power steering shuts off and the car locks up, after about 5-10 minutes of the car warming up the power comes back on and runs fine. My brother thinks it's a short in the wiring (there was a intermittent spark underneath the engine) or a fuse.

Battery is fine at 13.08 v (resting) CCA at a 683. New alternator.

Check to see if there is any loose wiring under the dashboard and if there is any loose ground wires. A loose wire will cause a circuit or multiple circuits to stop working. The wiring could be associated with a relay, which would explain why the power is lost for a short time and then resumes. If you need further assistance with your electrical system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Immediately after engine turns over power steering and dashboard loses power but comes back on after the car warms up.