Q: what would be the problem if the car starts and fail to move either forward or reverse and it revves itself when started?

asked by on October 29, 2016

my car is just new and i drove it once. when i was driving it started to lower its speed down to 40 km/hr and failed to pick up the gears again actually i stoped and it was pulled to house. it was also said to be put the wrong gear oil in it . many guys have come to check what could be the problem but they fail. This is what also happens to it after i changed the oil and put the one called transmission oil and exepected it to move but still it wont . when i start the engine starts to reve itself and when i put it into gear it move still either forward or reverse.

Hello. If the van was moving fine prior to the wrong oil being put into the transmission then you may have a transmission failure. It the correct transmission fluid was not used then it can cause some serious internal transmission problems. In some rare cases you can flush out the transmission to buy some time but this is not typically the case. If you put the vehicle in gear and it will not move then the fluid caused some damage. You should take the vehicle to a transmission specialist to have this checked out.