Q: Truck has a oil pressure low light

Driving home after getting off the highway my oil pressure low light came on. I immediately pulled over to check the oil,the oil level was fine. I started the vehicle again and heard a knocking sound from the engine. I have not drove the vehicle since what could be the problem

Hello. Most of the time when this light comes on with an engine noise like this it is caused by a failing oil pump. If the pump fails internally then this will occur. It can also be caused by a failure in one of the main bearings in the engine, which will cause low oil pressure. I would start by draining the oil and changing the oil filter. If there is any metal in the oil, then you have a serious engine failure. If the oil looks fine, then it may just need the pump. If you are going to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your Oil Pressure Light and knocking sound.

3. Truck has a oil pressure low light