Q: Advice on buying run-flats

I've been thinking about leaning away from the traditional tires and buying 5 run-flats. What are your thoughts? I'm leaning away for the safety aspect because I've read that a man can change the tire on the highway.

I am not a fan of run-flats, because I work on those things. They may run flat, but you’d still get flat tires all the time and will have to replace them. They cost a fortune to replace and they don’t last as long as other tires do.

Tires are important. Buy good tires. You generally aren’t going to get that much problem with flats. These days, tires are pretty well made. I don’t get tire flats as much as I used to. If you’ve got steel bolts in those, they are going to last a long time. If you run flats, they are just not going to hold up over time like on regular cars and they cost so much more. Every time that something goes wrong, like patching them up, it will cost 100 bucks. I am not a fan myself.

3. Advice on buying run-flats