Q: getting p2181 even after changing the CTS 2007 Audi A4

I have replaced the CTS but its still says p2181 . The temperature gauge in the instrument panel always never reaches the normal ( center) its always way to the normal ( 70s). Coolant level is fine. There is no leakage anywhere. Heater blows heat withint 5-10 minutes , but its not that hot.

Can it be anything other than the Thermostat

A: Hi there - the problem is a failing thermos...

Hi there - the problem is a failing thermostat. On this Audi, engine management has a "warm-up" profile it expects the thermostat to manage while the engine comes up to temperature. The fact that yours is not reaching correct operating temp (center of the gauge) triggers the P2181. Replacing the thermostat is "the fix". I would recommend a thermostat replacement by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.