Q: Service light turns on momentarily when I start my car

When I first start my car, a light shows up with the word 'service' (and a wrench icon); it disappears shortly after. I am curious as to what it means. My car didn't come with a user manual. Do I have to do something about it?

This light comes on every 7,500 miles to remind you to service your vehicle. This indicator is manually reset, however, and should not be used as a guideline for actual service. So, it doesn’t mean anything is wrong with your vehicle. All you need to do is have your regular maintenance performed by a professional.

3. Service light turns on momentarily when I start my car