Q: Windshield wipers coming on upon startup.

When I start my car, my windshield wipers start going even though the switch is not on. The exterior lights and turn signal don't work, and all of the interior lights are dim. Once I start driving, everything starts working fine.

Hello, I have had this issue come up a few times with this vehicle. Most of the time this is caused by a hardware failure in either the steering control module or the integrated power control module. These modules can be very difficult to properly diagnose without the proper tools. One other item I have seen to cause this is a loose battery ground cable. I would inspect the negative cable ground connections to make sure that they are clean and tight. If they are then you should enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, because they will need a digital voltage meter and scan tool to be able to diagnose this.

3. Windshield wipers coming on upon startup.