My 2003 Camry is making a noise when turning. 2003 l4-2.4...

Q: My 2003 Camry is making a noise when turning.

asked by on May 31, 2017

If I start my car and begin driving, the steering wheel with squeak when I turn. I figured power steering, until it started also making a grinding noise / vibration in the gas pedal under the same conditions. If I let the car warm up or have been driving for a while, neither noise is present. The power steering fluid is not low and does not look dirty, although I haven't flushed it since owning the car (3 months, 2400 miles). There is no problem turning and no problem with acceleration. There is a small crack in one of the engine mounts, but I've had no noise or shaking coming from it that I can tell. The engine oil was changed within 1000 miles and, during the inspection, nothing was noted about the power steering system.

Hi There, A number of things may cause the vehicle to make this kind of sound when turning the wheel. Things like worn out ball joints, damaged tie rod ends or potentially a damaged power steering rack. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle to properly diagnose what may be causing the squeaking and grinding sound when turning the wheel.