Q: my power steering fluid in the reservoir has bubbles and i just replaced the pump, does it need to be bleeded

asked by on December 24, 2016

my power steering fluid in the reservoir has bubbles and i just replaced the pump, does it need to be bleeded on a 2001 pt cruiser

Power Steering Fluid Service $95.93 - $158.93 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The power steering pump should not need to be bled. When the last pump was changed air was introduced into the system. The air is likely not working itself out. If the bubbling becomes excessive, or if it does not stop after a few trips, you then have cause for concern. Make sure there are no loose hoses or clamps that are allowing air into the system. If the system is not leaking and is perfect, you may want to try a different pump. While it is rare that they come bad to begin with, it is not horribly uncommon. For more help replacing the pump and inspecting the system, contact our service department.