Q: On the start/ stop engine button on my 2016 scion IA. It will occasionally have a flashing light.

On the start/ stop engine button on my 2016 scion IA. It will occasionally have a flashing light. If I stop the engine then start it back up again the light goes away. Then I won't see it for a week or so, then randomly I start the car and it's back. Is this normal or something I should get checked out?

The normal display modes for the indicator light on the Start/Stop button are discussed on page 140 of the 2016 Scion iA Owner’s Manual. A flashing indicator on the Start/Stop button is not a normal (expected) display mode. If you are seeing a flashing green light that could mean that the steering wheel lock is not released. If the light is flashing amber, that represents a system electrical fault and the car should be inspected to diagnose the issue and resolve it. If you are getting these indications, or perhaps others, you can request an electrical component/circuit diagnostic. If you request that diagnostic, a certified mechanic will get this resolved for you right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. On the start/ stop engine button on my 2016 scion IA. It will occasionally have a flashing light.