Q: Oil leaking out the hose from the air box on a 2015 Equinox

2015 Equinox. Oil residue comes from one of the hoses from the air box and leaves a layer over everything under the hood. I took it to the dealer and I was told that is normal. Should I be concerned?

No, that’s not normal. If it’s normal to leave a layer of oil, they are breaking all kinds of Federal anti-pollution laws. First, take it to a different dealer and demand that it be fixed. That’s not normal. If they don’t, tell them you are going to call the EPA to show it leaking and if they say that it is "normal," then they’ll fix it for free. Because it’s could be up to a 30,000 dollar fine if they don’t fix it.

3. Oil leaking out the hose from the air box on a 2015 Equinox