Q: Brakes

I'm having issues with a 96 honda accord i changed the master brake cylinder and now i tested but it keeps braking it self and is hard to accelaret. So i would like to know what might be the problem.

A: Hello. If the issue only began after you ch...

Hello. If the issue only began after you changed the master cylinder, then it is likely that the issue is related to it. Certain brake master cylinders will require them to be pre-bled before installation and will not function properly if they are not.

It is also possible that the master cylinder is defective and sticking, causing the brakes to grab even when the pedal is not pressed.

I would inspect all the calipers to make sure that none of them are sticking or damaged, and then move to the brake master cylinder. Even if it is new, there is still a chance that it may be defective out of the box. If you need help with this, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect your brake system and make repairs as necessary.