Q: Are cabine air filter and climate control air filter the same thing? Hiunday cites them as if they were different components in th

asked by on December 22, 2017

Are air cleaner filter and Climate Control Air Filter / Air Conditioning Filter (for evaporator and blower unit) the same thing? Hyundai cites them as if they were different in the 15K miles inspection list. If they are different, would I be able to replace the Climate Control Air Filter / Air Conditioning Filter myself without using special professional tools.

Hi Alex. Thanks for contacting us today. These are two different filters. One is located under the passenger side of the dashboard, that can be removed fairly easily, the other is behind the dash and accessible through the engine compartment. If you’re going to attempt any self-service on your new Hyundai, you should probably purchase a service and repair manual - so you can follow their specific instructions and learn what tools you need.