My car shuts off when I turn on the light or even the tur...

Q: My car shuts off when I turn on the light or even the turn signals please help need this car to get to work

asked by on February 23, 2017

OK I have a 2003 Ford Taurus with about 104,000 miles on it and when I turn on my turn signal my lights my four ways my car completely shuts off doesn't matter if I'm driving or sitting still and it's only my left turn signal, right signal won't turn it off also when I turn on my windshield wipers the little light that's on the dash to that signals left blinks and clicks but my windshield wipers won't work I have a brand-new battery I just put in the car so I know it's not the battery car is running fine and then one day I left it parked and didn't run it for a couple days and it completely drained a brand-new battery so I know there's a short somewhere drain power when I leave the battery hooked up but every since then I've had this problem

Hi there. This type of electrical glitch can be very difficult to pinpoint or diagnose without a physical inspection. However, in general, the most common causes of this issue is an exposed electrical wire within the ignition system. It is best to have a professional mechanic complete an electrical problems inspection first in order to correctly diagnose and resolve this issue.