Q: Radio Issues 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass

I changed the battery in my olds cutlass, and now my radio wont turn on. It shows the time but wont play any sound. I press the power button but it wont do anything.

Hi there - your car radio is equipped with a security code mechanism to deter radio theft - a bigger problem in 1994 than today. The Owners Manual should have the code (4 or 5 digit number) written in it from the original purchase. If not, your GM dealer should be able to get the security code for you based on the Vehicle Identification Number of the vehicle. Make sure they write it down so you will have it for the future. Good luck!

3. Radio Issues 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass