Q: Where is location of crankshaft sensor on 2011 BMW 550i 4.4 v 8

Specific Location of crankshaft sensor .... Pics if available

The crankshaft position sensor is located on the transmission bell housing on the passenger side. You have to remove a plastic splash guard that is attached with a Phillips head screwdriver. Remove the aluminum transmission guard with a 13 mm socket. Detach the wiring to the sensor and remove the single fastener holding the sensor to the block. As with all vehicle components the sensor should be directly tested using a scan tool to verify operation prior to condemning it. If you desire testing of the sensor, and replacement if it is warranted, please use YourMechanic’s crankshaft position sensor diagnostic/replacement service page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Where is location of crankshaft sensor on 2011 BMW 550i 4.4 v 8