Q: Loud bang and shaking starting car

When I was driving yesterday, I went over a speed bump too fast. Now when I start the car and when I proceed forward at stop lights, there is a loud bang-type noise and shaking underneath my car. What is this and how do I fix it?

A: Hello. It sounds like there is a broken eng...

Hello. It sounds like there is a broken engine mount or transmission mount that may be causing the banging noise that you are hearing. It is possible that something was damaged in the suspension system which could also cause a banging type of noise. I suggest you have the engine and transmission mounts inspected for loose bolts and damage. It would be a good idea to have the brakes, steering, and suspension inspected by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.