Q: I am looking to buy a 2000 lincoln LS with 186k miles on it. The only issue is that the owner told me that he gets misfire codes

Hi Chris, I am looking to buy a 2000 lincoln LS with 186k miles on it. The only issue is that the owner told me that he gets misfire on cylinder 7. Had it plugged into diagnostic and gave me codes PO307 and PO302--He sd that he has replaced this spark plug 2 times within the last 2 years. I love the car but do no want to buy something that is going to need further repairs within a few months after purchase. Autozone guy sd that it may just need a tune up. Would you know the common problems associated with this car and if it would be worth my investment?

The codes P0302 and P0307 are misfires on cylinders 2 and 7. I agree that you should have a tune-up on the car if you decide to purchase it. You would need to have the spark plugs replaced and the injectors and combustion chambers cleaned. This along with other possible ignition problems and compression problems during should be addressed during the tune-up if you decide to buy the car. In addition, if you would like a second opinion on the car before buying, consider having a pre-purchase inspection completed by a certified mobile technician from YourMechanic.

• I am looking to buy a 2000 lincoln LS with 186k miles on it. The only issue is that the owner told me that he gets misfire codes