Q: Occasional shaking and loss of engine power

Although my car mostly runs fine, sometimes it loses power. It's a 2-liter diesel. It occasionally turns off while I'm driving and is difficult to turn on again. After a period or normal functioning, the car suddenly starts shaking again and turns off. I've checked the battery and the starter. Fuel filter also checks out fine. The diesel I use is okay. Do you have any idea what might be the problem?

Unfortunately, I don’t have repair information for this vehicle yet. I’ve seen online that other people have experienced a similar problem accompanied by a Check Engine Light and code P0606, which stands for Fuel Pump Control Module. The solution is to first reprogram the fuel pump control module, and if that does not work, replace it. A trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your vehicle’s loss of power firsthand in order to make the proper repair.