Q: Coolant leak

asked by on February 19, 2016

I have a coolant leak. I believe it is coming from the plastic coolant reservoir.

Hi! Commonly, a coolant leak on your particular vehicle will be from a thermostat, bad hose connection, or a cracked radiator. I suggest pressure testing the cooling system to help highlight the area that may be leaking. If a Check Engine Light is illuminated, it could indicate cooling issues such as a bad thermostat, or a faulty coolant temperature sensor. I suggest having YourMechanic send a well-trained technician to the vehicle’s location to pressure test the system, and address any other issues related to your coolant leak.