Q: my car doesnt want to accelerate . the rpm stays the same it slowsly goes up to 30 not past it.

I bought the car 2 days ago and it had a shake to it . so we decided to do a tune up thinking that the spark plugs were bad. The car had no oil or transmission oil. We put lucas stop leak in the tranny. After we where done the car didnt wana drive. It wouldnt automatically shift. We have to step and let go of the gas so it can catch speed but it doesnt go past 30mph its stalling and has multiple misfires according to the computer. They told me to change the coils or the throttle body or maybe the mass airflow. I dont have money for all that. What is it. ??

Hi there. Sometimes a vehicle will enter "Limp Mode" when a problem is detected in the transmission or something is "different". Adding the stop leak in the transmission fluid may have triggered this to occur. Limp mode essentially restricts the RPM and shifting to one set gear so you can drive to the dealer for service. There is a procedure for resetting limp mode on some vehicles, but it’s a good idea to contact one of our local mechanics to inspect this issue for you.

3. my car doesnt want to accelerate . the rpm stays the same it slowsly goes up to 30 not past it.