Q: How do I reset the limp home mode?

How do I reset the limp home mode?

A: The limp home mode helps protect your trans...

The limp home mode helps protect your transmission if damage is detected. Limp home mode limits the transmission to only second gear, which keeps your vehicle safer, while also giving you enough power to get to a dealer. If you know that the transmission issue was temporary, then you can reset the limp home mode by following these steps.

1. Bring your car to a complete stop.

2. Shift your automatic transmission into PARK.

3. Turn the ignition switch to OFF.

4. Wait 10 seconds.

5. Turn your vehicle back on.

6. Select the gear of your choice.

If your vehicle will shift into the gear you chose, then you can continue to drive your vehicle as normal. If the car is still stuck in second gear, then you like have a transmission problem that should be addressed immediately.