Q: What does it mean when you hit your brakes your car tried to sway

I have a 98ford mustang with 3.8 motor. It runs good but when driving the car and you going bout 50or60 and hit the brakes it tries to sway and like almost bout to lose control.

Swaying, or pulling, as you describe it means that braking forces from left to right are unequal and/or there are faults in the vehicle suspension. Brake force can be unequal from side to side due to worn or warped rotors, a stuck caliper, a collapsed brake hose, uneven pad wear, and other system faults. Suspension components wear out over time and can cause a variety of problems, one of which is the car pulling to one side when driving or braking. The problem can be in the ball joints, springs, struts, bushings, or numerous other components. Suspension parts will all shift as they become worn and when they do, pulling to one side is a very common problem. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a vehicle instability on braking diagnostic and the responding mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. What does it mean when you hit your brakes your car tried to sway