Q: My toyota isis platana dashboard lights "car and key symbol", when i insert the key, it turns off. What happens ? Please !

asked by on March 21, 2018

My toyota isis platana dashboard lights "car and key symbol", when i insert the key, it turns off. What happens ? Please !

Battery is dead Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

When you turn the key to the run or start position, the immobilizer warning light on the dash will typically illuminate briefly as a bulb or system check. Once the vehicle starts the immobilizer light, and all other warning lights, will turn off unless there is a problem. If the vehicle is not starting, be sure the immobilizer is not activated. If the immobilizer is not activated, and the problem is simply no starter motor operation the fault is typically quite limited. With a fully charged battery that passes a load test, or a new fully charged battery as required, and the immobilizer (security) system off, if the starter motor does not operate (i.e., crank the engine at adequate RPM) at that point, either there is no power to the starter motor/solenoid or the starter/solenoid itself is bad and that includes intermittent operation which does happen. If your car is not starting, or you are concerned about a possible malfunction, please request a no start diagnostic. If the starter is working normally, but the engine does not catch and run, the latter diagnostic would be the appropriate one to request as well. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.