Q: Difficulty accelerating

asked by on August 17, 2016

The car has difficulty accelerating from a stop. It has a manual transmission and the engine is running well. Also, while I'm driving on the highway and apply the gas pedal to the limit, the car barely goes over 55 mph. What are the possible causes?

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement $152.35 - $449.56 Get a Quote

Hello. It sounds like your clutch is worn out and going bad. The clutch is what allows your transmission to shift into gear and it also allows the transmission to provide power to the wheels while driving. A lot of times when the clutch is bad or going bad you will experience a lack of power and it will be hard for the car to accelerate. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, replace the clutch, slave cylinder, and clutch master cylinder.