Q: 3100 v6 on 2003 buick century lacks power under acceleration, spits and sputters, hard to get up to speed

3100 v6 on 2003 buick century lacks power under acceleration, spits and sputters, hard to get up to speed CEL was on for canister purge valve, I replaced that but it did not cure the problem. Idles fine and accelerates fine if easy on the pedal, but the minute you try putting ur foot in it, falls on its face. Thoughts?

If your vehicle is hesitating upon acceleration, it is possible that you have a fuel issue. Some of the potential causes of this issue would include a faulty fuel pump, faulty fuel pressure regulator, or a clogged fuel filter. I would recommend starting with a fuel system inspection to determine the cause of the hesitation and sputter. Consider YourMechanic for this inspection, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your fuel system for you.

• 3100 v6 on 2003 buick century lacks power under acceleration, spits and sputters, hard to get up to speed