Q: Why when I install a starter in truck it makes a lot of noise an then have to replace starter again the gears are grinded down

asked by on August 11, 2016

See comment

You may need to install a spacer to prevent the flywheel from touching the starter gear when the vehicle is running. This could be cause of both the noise and the worn down gears. If you need help with this repair, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to pinpoint the exact cause of the noise and the grinded down gears. From there, they can assist you with any repairs that are needed.