Q: Car hesitates after stepping on gas pedal

When I step on the gas from a red light or stop sign, the car will hesitate for 2-3 seconds before moving forward and the problem seems to be worsening. Once the car's in motion it's fine until I need to stop again. What's causing this problem and is it an expensive fix??

The problem sound like you are getting an engine misfire.One or more of the engine cylinders are misfiring due to a weak ignition coil or one or more of the spark plugs or spark plug wires are failing. You did not mention if the Check Engine Light is coming on or not? If the light is coming on then a scan of the computer will indicate a possible cylinder that is causing the problem. I recommend having a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the vehicle to determine the cause of the hesitation issue. From there, they will be able to make the appropriate repairs to have this problem solved.