Q: My headlights, blinkers, and brake lights work but the taillights, interior lights, and dash lights don't work. All fuses, relays, and switches are good.

asked by on February 23, 2017

Headlights, blinkers, brake lights work. Taillights and dash interior lights don't work. Relays switches and fuses all good.

Hi there. There is either a break in the wiring on the lighting circuits for the main light switch or the ground wire to the main light switch for the running lights is loose or not hooked up. Check the wiring to the light switch and see if any wiring is loose or hot. If there is a loose wire, then the wire maybe the ground or a positive wire that feeds power to the lighting system. Fix any wiring that is loose and recheck the condition of the lights. You can try taking a jumper wire from the fuse box with the key on and to the power wire on the switch and see if the lights come on. If they do and the wire on the switch is tight and free of corrosion, then the light switch needs replaced. If you need further assistance with lights not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.