Q: 2013 Chevy Cruze gear shifter was pulled out of park without brake pedal being applied now it will flow through all gears without the brakes.

2013 chevy cruze gear shifter was forcefully pulled out of park without brake pedal being applied now it will flow through all gears without the brakes but will not shift out of park

Neutral Safety Switch Replacement $110.75 - $1200.55 Get a Quote

Hi there. If the shifter is able to move without the brakes being pressed, then the brake switch (which also has the neutral safety switch built in it) in not working. Check the harness to the switch and see if it became broke or disconnected. If the wiring is good then the switch may be defective and needs replaced. If you need further assistance with your shifter moving without the brakes applied, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr