Q: Loose steering wheel

asked by on December 22, 2016

The steering wheel is wobbly,even in park,how can I tighten it and how do I remove the shroud?

Brakes, Steering and Suspension Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be having one of several issues. Typically the steering wheel is not the issue when the steering becomes loose. Now if the entire steering column is loose, you can worry about the shroud and the column. This would mean if the steering wheel was moving up and down, rather than turning. If the steering itself is loose then you are worried about the power steering system and the tie rods. These are the main components when it comes to how well the steering wheel controls. Does the steering feel loose with the vehicle both off and on? If so the chances of a mechanical failure with the steering linkage is likely. For further assistance with diagnosing the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.