Q: Will aluminum tape or electrical tape help seal a small hole in a fuel EVAP line?

Will tape help seal up the tiny hole or will the fuel vapors eat the tape up? It's a really small hole.

Hi There, Unfortunately, this will only be a temporary fix. The fumes from the fuel will quickly reduce the tapes ability to properly seal the hole. I would recommend replacing the evap line. As you know, a leak in the evap system will cause starting and performance issues and will cause the check engine light to come on. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair the line.

3. Will aluminum tape or electrical tape help seal a small hole in a fuel EVAP line?