Q: Car is not starting and overheating

asked by on November 10, 2016

While sitting in a drive thru my car over heated..it didnt spike all the way up but it turned off before it hit red. Unfortunately now the car won't start. Ive tested the alternator battery and starter and they all came out fine. Where should i look next? I am really hoping i didn't warp my heads.

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Usually if the engine starts to overheat it won’t damage your cylinder heads unless excessive overheating has occurred. However, if the engine overheated, coolant that may have spilled over may have caused an ignition system issue that’s preventing the engine from firing. You might want to contact a professional technician, like one from YourMechanic, to come to your location and complete a starting issue inspection. They’ll also be able to diagnose what caused the overheating issue; especially if the serpentine belt or pulley was damaged - which may have led to the overheating issue initially.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr