Q: 1. Vehicle is making a loud groaning sound when turning during very cold weather. 2. Will only allow fuel filling in short spurts.

1. Just got vehicle a few weeks ago so have not had sound checked. The sound is a groaning, not clicking. Temp is in teens with wind chill below zero. Four brand new tires.

2. Evap canister value was replaced but still will not allow normal filling. Pump handle clicks off after 1-2 seconds. Takes 10 minutes to fill tank.

Evaporation Vent Solenoid Replacement $106.26 - $358.99 Get a Quote

Hi There, The groaning noise you are referring to may possibly be a failing wheel bearing. A wheel bearing will usually fail due to pitting or small damage on the surface of the rollers or the bearing race. Both the surface of the rollers and the race is precision machined to tight tolerances and highly polished to allow the rollers to pass easily over the race with the addition of bearing grease for lubrication and cooling. Over time the bearing will wear slightly, allowing microscopic pieces of metal into the grease. Bearing noise can sound a lot like a brake pad dragging or grinding. It can also sound like whirring, whining or humming depending on how much sound deadening material your vehicle has in it. Bearing noise will always be dependent on vehicle speed meaning as you speed up or slow down the noise should change frequency or loudness. Cornering may affect the noise from a damaged front wheel bearing and is usually more pronounced as you make turns.

Your EVAP system may need to have the solenoid replaced. As you know, the canister stores the fumes until they are disbursed, however if the solenoid is not working correctly, this will not allow that to happen. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.