Q: What are the various Bluetooth controls and identifiers?

asked by on December 14, 2015

What are the various Bluetooth controls and identifiers?

Your car supports Bluetooth connectivity, which allows you to do a number of things, from making calls without having to dial the phone to streaming audio. To use it effectively, though, you’ll need to know a few things. Here’s a quick rundown of the controls and identifiers on your audio system’s interface:

• The Bluetooth condition is shown with a small “BT” on the radio’s screen. If this symbol doesn’t appear, you can’t use hands-free calling.

• The display will show the name, phone number and other information pertinent to the call.

• The setup button lets you access the Bluetooth menu.

• Use the tuner knob to cycle through menu options and select items (press the button on the front of the knob).

• Use the text button to read information not shown on the screen (too long to be displayed).

• Use the phone button to answer/make or end a call (one button answers or initiates a call, while the other button hangs up the call).

• The microphone is located behind the sunglass holder on the ceiling.