Q: Check engine light on inhibitor switch

asked by on November 19, 2017

The car turn on just fine but when put into drive or reverse it shakes and give me the oil pressure light then goes away at times it turn off. Check engine light on code that is given is for the inhibitor switch can this be causing the problem?

Hi there. Thanks for sending in your question. It’s less likely that the inhibit switch is the source of your vibrations or symptoms. It’s more likely that something else, such as worn out engine mounts, a vacuum leak or a fuel system restriction is causing this problem. It’s best to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an onsite inspection to determine what repairs are needed to resolve this problem.