powertrain fault is on my dashboard just got a oil change...

Q: powertrain fault is on my dashboard just got a oil change and it came on? Whats wrong?

Powertrain fault light the wrench light is on my dashboard after i got a oil change and it came on? Whats wrong?

Check the level of engine oil to be sure they actually added oil. Check to be sure the gas cap seal is in good condition and the cap is secure (a loose cap is a common cause of a warning light). The illumination of the warning light subsequent to the oil change might be a coincidence, in other words it might have nothing to do with the oil change. You can find out for sure if you request a check engine light diagnostic. During such a diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve the specific diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM that will identify the "system" or area of the fault that has caused the warning light to illuminate. Using those general codes, the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) are individually tested to pinpoint the cause of the fault. Once the faulty part or component is pinpointed, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.