Q: How do I charge the battery?

How do I charge the battery?

While the battery in your car is designed to last for a long time, there are instances where it might discharge without actually needing to be replaced. For instance, if you don’t drive the car for a long time, the battery will slowly lose its charge. You might also discharge the battery in some other way (although the auto-off functionality on the lights prevents you from killing it by leaving the lights on, at least). Here’s what you need to know about recharging it:

1. Use only a UL-listed battery charger.

2. Disconnect the negative cable first.

3. Disconnect the positive cable second.

4. Never charge the battery with the cables attached.

5. Reconnect the negative battery cable first.

6. Make sure you have your radio code handy, as you’ll need that to get the audio system working again.