Q: Can i drive my car 22mins to make it home with my exhaust pipe broke

asked by on August 21, 2017

My exhaust pipe broke underneath my car and its dragging the ground I'm trying to figure out cani make it 22 mins home with it dragging the ground if i avoid the freeway and drive really slow

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

It depends on exactly what you got. Sometimes, it is OK (I’m sure you have seen others do it) but the problem is there are other things under the car that can get damaged and it also depends on exactly what is dragging and what it is attached to. A possibility, although it has risks, is to attempt to tie whatever is dragging temporarily. But, if you get under the car, just remember there is lots and lots of stuff that will easily get in your eyes (like metal rust particles) and ruin your day. All in all, for 5 minutes I’d say OK. For 22 minutes though, you’re probably beyond the reasonable limit for dragging the exhaust. YourMechanic is a mobile service so a possibility is just leave the car where it is and let a certified mechanic repair come to your location and repair it right there or, at least, get it tied up, so that you can bring it to your home for mobile repair. If you desire to go that route, you can simply request exhaust system service and the responding certified mechanic will handle everything for you and make sure that whatever you are doing is safe in case you have to move the vehicle. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr