Q: Car won't crank over then thud noise coming from engine, car has set for about 5-6 Months.

My Monte Carlo had the intake gaskets, fuel rail replaced a few months ago. It has then set not started for about 5 month waiting on funds to replace plugs, battery and radiator. All have been replaced a few days ago along with new battery. Now when I turn the key to start, the engine about 4 or 5 times then a thud noise. No start or anything.

What could have happened is the intake manifold could have leaked coolant into the cylinder or something got into the cylinder like a nut or a bolt and caused the engine to lock up. Try removing the spark plugs (all of them) and turn the engine over by hand. If the engine cranks fine, then there was coolant in the cylinders. If the engine still won’t move, then there is an object in the cylinder. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.